Linux Network Monitoring and Tuning
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Socket Stats - ss command. http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-investigate-sockets-network-connections.html
Windows client - see http://www.netchain.com/netcps/
Things I have done research on and will post notes as soon as I can:
- Buffers and connections and how they consume memory.
- Analysing network errors and retransmissions
- Device interrupts and loading
- TCP window size, maximum segment size (MSS) and global file transfers particularly FTP. Why it takes so long to transfer a file across a WAN or global connections.
- Bad network topology how to analyze. LAN vs WAN vs Internet (global) connections.
- Google's Linux Kernel TCP BBR implementation: http://everythingsysadmin.com/2017/07/googles-bbr.html